Tuesday, June 01, 2010

TOMATOMADNESS!

I had no idea what I'd gotten myself into when we decided to grow our own tomatoes this year.
(sun gold, besser cherry, sweet 100, early girl)

I'm so fond of nature, wildlife, blooms, and lush layers of green, I've always focused on filling the garden with unique combinations of landscape plants growing out of control. The space looks incredible, and over time keeps looking incredibler. But my wife and I figured we'd try our hand at growing our own organic edibles, something I hadn't had much success with in the past (but I had never tried all that hard either). So I acquired some great tomato transplants from my local Permaculture pal Rachel, who had grown them all from seed. They were planted in early February 2010 and we were in for a surprise.
And there are still many more to come...
Salsa, anyone?

2 comments:

Sweet Life Garden said...

Wow! Your tomatoes look great. I'd love to know which varieties are your favorite now.

Marilyn said...

I've been a lurker for awhile and I'm completely envious. My tomatoes have wilt, or blight or something and are tomato crop this year is a big fat zero! Any ideas for next year??? (I live in Mesa)