Thursday, March 26, 2009
Everyone is encouraged to turn out their lights from 8:30 - 9:30pm on Saturday, March 28.
(Check out the "Earth Hour" video)
According to Mayor Phil Gordon, here are some other things we can also do to participate in this global event:
* Change at least one light bulb to a CFL
* Park your car for the day
* Turn your air or heat down or off
* Use public transportation (including light rail)
* Fill your recycling container
* Reduce your water consumption
Read more at: http://phoenix.gov/news/032509earth.html
I plan to spend my Saturday morning celebrating by planting some trees - a lot of trees! Valley Forward Association and the Mayor's Office will host a tree planting event downtown on Roosevelt Row Saturday 03/28 ( 8am-12noon).
In honor of VFA's 40 years in Phoenix as the Valley's premier environmental public interest organization, 40 trees will be planted along 5th Street and 6th Street from Roosevelt to Garfield. It's sure to be quite a day.
Later, during Earth Hour, I will be on my patio enjoying my garden in the candle light.